Hey, there! Having lost about 25 kgs in a span of 4 months, I think I can write an exclusive blog post on an Indian diet plan for weight loss.
Have you always struggled with losing weight but ended up with hopelessness? Well, if you want to reduce weight quickly, here is an effective plan that can be the right one for you.
Weight Loss and Diet
A lot of researchers and experts have conducted various research on the relationship between weight loss and diet. While diet actually helps in weight loss, you do have to understand the kind of diet that suits your body type, your BMR and BMI and your weight loss goal.
Below is a 1200 calorie Indian diet plan for weight loss. The diet plan aims for a weight loss target of 5 -7 kilos per month.
|Meal Type||Meal Time||Diet Plan||Kcal.||Protein||Carbohydrates|
|Early Morning||6-7 am||1 Glass Lime Juice in Lukewarm Water||5||2||1|
|Breakfast||8-9 am||1 bowl Oats Porridge with 5 almonds||285||13||35|
|Lunch||1:30-2 pm||Chapati (2 pcs) & 1 cup of Whole Moong Dal, Green Leafy Vegetables, 1 bowl Curd with Green salad||430||15||58|
|Evening||5:30-6:30 pm||Chana Dal Tikki (1 pc) with Green Chutney & Ginger Tea without Sugar||120||12||15|
|Dinner||7:30-8:30 pm||1 bowl Lentil Soup, 1 bowl of Gourd Vegetable with 2 Chapatis, Green Salad||330||12||44|
Following this diet, I had lost about 10 kgs in a month and a half. My body’s metabolism rate had gone back to normal and now it wasn’t burning calories at the rate it was the previous month.
Important Things To Remember
- BMR- Basal Metabolic Rate is the calorie that is burnt during the resting phase. Research shows that BMR is responsible for 60 to 80% of energy expenditure, 10% by digestion and only 10 – 30% of energy or calorie burnt by physical activity.
- Physical Activity- Being fit and maintaining muscle mass can raise the BMR.
- Diet- Reducing the input of calories can help you lose weight fast. The calorie deficit can in fact help in shedding those extra kilos.
This is a list of weight loss food-
- Oats- It contains soluble and insoluble fiber which helps in reducing cholesterol and triglycerides.
- Spices- Certain spices like cinnamon, black pepper, ginger powder help in burning food. But, consume these in moderation as they are thermogenic food.
- Protein-Protein is a thermogenic food and therefore helps in reducing weight.
- Nuts- These are magnesium-rich fatty nuts and are useful for weight loss. It also helps in reducing carb carving.
Final Tip: The way to fitness and being healthy is 80% nutrition and 20% exercise.